It was originally named HMS Ergemont. The tug was used for port work. During World War II, the command of the Royal Navy directed the unit for different purposes. For example, it served as a rescue ship. It was also a sapper ship. From 26 May 1942, along with Trusty Star, St. Angelo took part in cleaning of the Grand Harbour and the surrounding area from naval mines. On May 30, they were joined by the units Beryl and Swona. And on that day, St. Angelo hit a mine and sank near the Grand Harbour at a depth of 54 m. Diving on the wreck requires special attention because of its proximity to the port and the associated ship traffic.