HMS st. Angelo
Originally named HMS Ergemont, HMS St. Angelo served as a tug for port operations. During World War II, it was assigned various roles by the Royal Navy, including that of a rescue and sapper ship. Starting from May 26, 1942, alongside Trusty Star, St. Angelo actively participated in the clearance of naval mines in the Grand Harbour and its surrounding areas. The operations were later joined by the units Beryl and Swona on May 30. Unfortunately, on that fateful day, St. Angelo struck a mine and sank near the Grand Harbour, resting at a depth of 54 meters. Due to its close proximity to the port and the busy ship traffic, diving on the wreck requires special attention.